Friday, January 06, 2006

special

wow it's been a year since I made this blog known to the world... and so how far have I come since then? sigh.. miles... a different country, a different occupation, a different church, different friends, different lifestyle. and yes it is my birthday today, so it's a different age. It has been a really nice day, and I feel very special. I have been feeling as such for the past few weeks, with friends coming from all over the world, purposely fitting a trip in their travels to visit me - it's somewhat overwhelming to think that you actually mean that much to someone and in this case 8 someones :) thankyou

and earlier this week there was a gathering to celebrate my life (and it's continued journey) with various friends from different areas and times of my life coming together and the common element for them being there was me. I still can't get over that fact that people came because of me, who am I to be given that respect or love and yet they willingly gave their time and energy to be with me. I don't think I've really had something that has been so focused on me and usually I tend to shy from that sort of attention and so I go full circle, I feel very special and very blessed, thank you

going back to today, when I arrived at work, my desk was covered with beautiful fragrant flowers of all colours, balloons decorated my chair and I even had brownies for breakfast! My co-workers are amazing and put on a bbq for lunch with homemade patties, salads galore and a yummy chocolate cake. you can never go wrong with chocolate cake :) and to top it all off I was given a nano with an blue armband (to match our office colours) so I can run with! They all know I'm 'training' for my run in feb, ha

I have also received calls and messages from very dear people in my life, thank you for making my day a special one.

something I was thinking about the other day and of course today, is now that I'm 24, am I happy with where I'm at and what I'm doing and what I've done? I guess there's so much to analyse and sometimes that is not a good thing to dwell on too much, and yet it's always good to think about. and yes, I am happy, I love what I'm doing and the place I'm in. I know God has me here for this time and it's right. I just can't wait for what's to come, as it only gets better :)

so here's to the new year and another notch on the belt :)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com