Thursday, June 23, 2005

running on empty

physically and definitely spiritually...

Last week my body decided to give me a wake up call and suddenly I was in heaps of pain. Ironically I was in a shop's changing room at the time and just had to half sit/lie in the small cubicle. Neens happened to call and was trying to comfort me and telling me to stretch etc. ha looking back it is kinda amusing, half dressed me on the phone, lying on the floor, going mehhhh and in pain... after being kicked out the shop (they were closing) I had to stop and sit on the side of the road before I eventually made it to 7-11 to get some drugs&water. The lady behind the counter kept saying "ho tung ah...(very painful?)" Yes was my pitiful reply and I hung off the counter for awhile... not a fun night

I realised I had been neglecting my health as I "adjusted" to this new lifestyle... my main meal of the day was lunch which usually is a sandwich, and in the morning it's only a piece of fruit, and hardly anything at night cuz I don't like eating before bed (9:30-10pm by the time I get home) no snacking either... SO that's obviously not very good. This is one area I definitely need to manage a bit better, proper meals and stuff.

Now I'm feeling a bit sicky with a sore throat, headaches, blocked sinuses etc... booooo my boss was away for 5 days and the day he came back he texted me at night saying "I want to say again what a good job u have done! I dont like to see u getting sick today and u must take care of yourself. I meant what i said and have a sleep in tomorrow and a "wee" break if u need it!" He's great

On the spiritual side, I haven't been spending time with God, in His word or even in prayer. Those really cheap one-liners before I go to bed, or rush out the door don't really count. I mean if I'm not walking with God each day, what am I doing? where am I going? It's so easy to just keep doing the same thing (ha as I was writing those questions I looked at these stickers by our computer which says "Jesus is the only way" "One way to God" "U turn to God" "Walk with Jesus"... nice)

Last night as I was being kept awake by a mossie in my room, I started reading "Lord I want to be whole" by Stormie Omartin and there's lots of stuff I know I need to be dealing with from the past that is effecting life today... (it always seems like we deal with the same things!) so just started praying about that. I know I've been so self absorbed lately and the best way to get around that is to pray for others. So that was 5am...

hmm... so God same time, same place?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com