Sunday, May 08, 2005

a slice of heaven

you know when you're having a really crappy day, esp when you feel bad and look even worse... you just can't be bothered with anything! yep, I even went out without any make-up on. I know! But in those days, little things happen that really make it so special. I mean it's even more special on those sort of days...

SO I woke up yesterday after a bad sleep, I was feeling guilty for sending a rude text in the middle of the night, sporting fresh new mozzie bites - on the face, even!, suffering from puffy eyes and sore throat... shall I continue?!?!

but my slices of heaven were -
1. speed shopping (before my cousins had to leave) and getting some bargins
2. being able to bless my cousin with some of my purchases
3. receiving a card from Abbey - she's so special!
4. moving back into my room!!!
5. receiving a call from GOUTY - it was sooo good speaking to him, it's been so long!

and then after a nap I went to 180 and on the way I was still feeling really crappy and tired and didn't feel like talking to anyone or being "uber"... and it was in the prayer meeting someone said something along the lines of "like no matter what happened this week, or today, or the things on our mind, God we give you this time, this night and ourselves so we can worship you and share your love" and "let us look beyond our own needs to that of others" and honestly it was like a wake up call to me, to just snap out of my oh-poor-me-i'm-so-tired-i-can't-be-bothered-with-this-all attitude! It's funny how our needs and problems become smaller when you look to others. I mean I know we shouldn't ignore our issues, but when you put them into perspective, seriously they aren't so big. So many people out there are facing things bigger than our own, so God I pray you'll help me to take my eyes off myself and look at how I can help and serve others who need you.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com