Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Putting my feet up

Seriously I never knew the extent of that until I did it! It feels sooooo good, esp after walking around the whole day in SoHo and Lan Kwai going to venues and talking to managers/staff, handing out my card, making sure the promo is going alright etc. It's interesting cuz some places are really into it and have heaps of positive feedback, in others there's little interest and they're not even using our coasters! aiya... Will go around later in the week to makes sure they are... it was pretty fun though, being amongst it all

ok so far in my first week I've:
- helped delivered coasters and stands to 58 venues, and taken pictures in SoHo, LKF and Wanchai (check out current campaign atVenue Alliance)
- help take my laptop to get fixed in Wanchai
- gone to four meetings with Simon (Wanchai, Taikoo, SoHox2)
- picked up a cheque in Happy Valley
- helped to take our end of year accounts to the accountants in TST
- drafted letters, replies, quotes, invoices and a press release
- sorted out a licence for trade promotion competitions for a client
- talked to SCMP and Apple Daily for advertising fees
- gone to buy toilet paper and paper towels
- changed the water several times
- put together my cabinet and another one, which has a drawer jammed
- read through the media agencies contact book and the public relations one
- sought out quotes for printing (still waiting to hear back grrr)
- put together a GANTT chart (time schedule) for the June campaign
- organised a courier for pick up and deliverly
- answered phones, hung up on people by accident
- gone through the Media magazine, finding potential contacts
- ordered stationery through Wahwah

Pending jobs...
- work on metatags with Jamie, for all our web sites
- source a waterproof wall clock for a client and a postcard rack
- go to the races tomorrow nite to see how the promo is going, take photos and take the courtesy bus back
- go to the Hofex exhibition on thursday
- get those quotes!
- write up a questionnaire to get feedback from clients of our services
- send out a press release for current promotion
- decide what to put in a package for the company to send out information, work with designers on that
- source metal work folders for staff
- contact/do a send out to all media agencies of our services
- put together a list of potential clients
- follow up on trade promotions licence, send it off and pick it up when it's ready
- make sure venues have enough promo items - so probably will go around again later this week

ok I think that's enough for now, I'm sure more will come along. I guess it's all good being busy and all, it gives me something to do and I admit I like multi-tasking. I guess I need to learn to prioritise and focus on what's important. The time we have is so valuable!

And besides work there's lots of other stuff I wanna be doing! Mel's in town till Sunday, so want to spend as much time with her as possible - so met up with her and Neens after work, shopping, eating and just got home a lil while ago...

Girls night at Amy's last nite was great! I really loved it and knew God was leading us during that time. And it gets me excited about what God is going to teach us and use us to encourage and support each other. Good thing it'll be fortnightly, a bit more manageable.

180 is such a blessing and just want to serve in any way, so this weekend I'm helping out with the food&beverage, which is always a favourite... hmm might be making ambrosia, a taste of NZ :) yummm
which reminds me there's 8am prayer meeting tomorrow, so better go to bed (dpma I will be there!!)

woah long blog - thanks for reading

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com