Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day One

well... firstly thanks to those who texted and left messages even if they were just after 12 last nite - not naming anyone Abbie and Joshua! I was actually still awake then so it wasn't too bad. I woke up super early, as you do - like 6:30am... I didn't have to be at work till 10am, so went back to sleep and thought about what I was going to do when I got up hahha... so got all smarted up and headed out, ready for my first day at work. woohooo

I stroll on up just a little before 10am to find that the office was closed and the gates were up! Hello?! where's everyone? Didn't want to feel like a keen-bean turning up before everyone else on the first day, so went for a walk and came back a few minutes later after seeing one of the ladies go by. Funny, cuz everyone rolls in 10:10, 10:15... even 10:30am... Simon, my boss comes in a bit later, and we sit outside and have a chat. Well mainly he does the talking, me the listening, nodding and ahuh-ing. He's really kewl, this is his baby, his passion and he loves what he does and the company. And wants us all to feel the same. I guess as you invest a lot of your time, self and energy into something you want everyone else to capture that passion and excitement too. So that's kewl.

Went along with two others to watch them change a billboard for a client (they do this at the beginning of the month). The first thing they ask is "how are you feeling? are you nervous?" hah they're soooo funny! so that was kewl to be able to talk to them a little

The rest of the morning (or what was left), was spent reading over some material, getting an idea of what we're offering- we're a design and marketing "agency", not "company"... so will have to remember that. Simon is going to do some role playing with me later to see how I talk and explain to clients what we're about - no it's not a sales pitch, just an introduction. He said it was a luxury having me come in, there's heaps of work and he wants to concentrate on developing the business. So like I said, he did a lot of the talking...

Had lunch with Neena & Mel... so exciting cuz Neenz just got a job with Walt Disney as a financial analyst!! Soooo exciting! Although now her office is in Causeway Bay (I'm in Central) so we can't do lunch boooo... it's only temp for 3months, but I'm excited for her nonetheless... had a free coffee with my stamps I collected so that was a bonus of the day!

In the arvo Wah Wah (Joanne) and I went around delivering coasters and coaster stands to various venues around SoHo and Lan Kwai Fong. It was soo crazy hot and we had to carry all this stuff!! We probably did about 3 trips in all... Wah Wah did all the talking, which was good, I stuffed it up when I tried! ha... it's kewl cuz we'll be working closely together and it was good to get to know her and also go to all the venues that we work with under Venue Alliance; which is a collaboration of restaurants, bars and stores in particular areas to promote and advertise corporations/businesses through campaigns, promotions and so on. We just coordinate it all. It's pretty kewl.

Four hours or so later, sweaty, thirsty, sore foot, hungry us returned back to homebase "the Fluid office" - it's 8:40pm. woaahh first day at work and OT already! Simon was great cuz he kept saying thanks and what a great job we did and if there was anything he could do to follow up (we were actually going to go back out to some places we missed) but he said to do it tomorrow... with the Wan Chai venues and that we could come in a little later. That's the way it works, have a late nite at the office, come in a little later. ok

SO some big stuff coming up in the next few months, Simon wants to train me up within the next 3 - he's going on a holiday in August and I need to be able to handle things by that time!! kinda scary, but should be ok.

Yeah it's BEDTIME!! I feel like a kid, after dinner, wash up and go to bed hahaa well it's another day at work tomorrow - THANK GOD it's Wednesday :)

End of day one.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com