Saturday, April 23, 2005

avoiding the spotlight

Right now I'm suppose to be writing my job description my boss wants to know what areas I want to get into... so far this is what's expected:

"I have a basic requirement for your job role such as you managing and supporting our marketing businesses i.e. Venue Alliance (www.venuealliance.com) and CoasterAds (www.coasterad.com) and I would also like you to deal with on-going Fluid Design and Marketing projects to help clients maximize their campaigns with us and also co-ordinate/project manage jobs and help the designs get content and information from the clients to help the designers do their work."

I keep getting these feelings of inadequacies as I think about my job... first of all I thought he'd come back to me saying they didn't want me anymore! And I've told so many people about it... I think that was a pride thing as well. But he hasn't said that and I know it'll be ok, but every so often I'm like can I do this? my boss seems to have a lot more faith in me, and is throwing me these different ideas and things for me to do now and I haven't even started yet! He suggested that I join some organisations in town, like the British Council so that'll be covering the PR stuff of what I'm suppose to be doing... but just thinking of going to these functions with top CEOs, business managers and execs, who are more experienced and then there's me, little me, young, who looks even younger (someone asked if I was 16 last week!)... what am I doing there?! meehhh

But I am reminded of 1 Tim 4:12 " Let no one look down on your youthfulness, but rather in speech, conduct, love, faith and purity, show yourself an example of those who believe"

so that's awesome... when I remember it! just then I read that BC members are expected to give a talk/seminar to the other members - it freaked me out! I really can't stand public speaking... hah coming from a soon-to-be PR officer. geek. honestly, I actually can't stand everyone looking at me - focus on the finger, the finger is pointing over there. Even when I shared a testimony in church about the missions week, my hands were shaking, I didn't really know what I was saying - ha funny cuz no one seemed to notice. That's totally God though, in our weakness He is strong.

I really just need to deal with it, have a week off before I start to get prepared, spiritually, mentally... and I know I have to do some shopping... now that's not too bad.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com