Saturday, April 09, 2005

an after thought

Funny thing was after I was offered the job, I was in such a stink mood!! Like bleh, I wasn't totally over the moon about the offer - I knew I was going to get it, I had the peace already even before and in the interviews - but had sucha niggly feeling that day. And so had a quiet time and talked to God about it and what I realised is that a job isn't going to satisfy me, nor provide me the things I need, nor give me a purpose for life... it's JUST a job! the ONLY thing that will EVER fulfil me, give me life and is my reason for why I'm here is Jesus Christ. Honestly, it was a huge revelation, because I've been so penned up on getting a job, and thought that only then will I be worth something, be of value, can make a difference, be an influence... but no, we are called to do that regardless of our job situation, any situation. We are called to live a higher life! So once I realised that, I started getting excited about the job, cuz I know God has placed me there for a reason and in whatever we do we do it for the Lord.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com