Tuesday, March 08, 2005

toe-tappin' hand-clappin' head-bobbin' good

Last night Higgie took me to see the Blind Boys of Alabama... and they were just that! Awesome guys, they're like in their 60s-70s and still going strong. They do soul&gospel which is an awesome combination and the amazing thing is the whole time they were giving glory to God and praising Jesus... kinda like a church service!! They shared their testimony through their music and did Amazing Grace to the tune of House of the Rising Sun. It was great!!

hahaa it was kewl seeing people in the crowd getting really into it, clapping and bobbing around!! And these are people in suits and stuff, which you'd expect them to me more reserved or acting in the appropriate manner. But the thing is when God is in the house, everything is stripped away.

The weekend was good in reminding God's promises and purposes for my life which is good to remember. A swinging door as Abbey said to me, where I get glimpses on what's on the other side to be encouraged and when it closes to just wait for God to fully open it so I can walk through. SO... I'm just waiting :)

In the meantime, my sister is coming back this week!! I haven't seen her in over a year!! Our relationship has changed heaps, it's harder when you don't see/talk as much, so will make the most of the time she's back. Will be good

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com