Thursday, March 03, 2005

I say a lil prayer

wooOHOooOO it's been a great morning, even after being woken up at 9:25am by Jared!! hahh I'm lovin' talking to people in the morning, it puts you in a great mood. And now I'm in the office and do my routine of checking emails and blogs... and I got some email lovin' from some special friends. Yeah!

soo... I've been thinking, since yesterday that I really need to work on my Chinese. So far, I have been declined 2 jobs and am unable to apply for millions of others because of my poor chinese. I feel so inadequate!! mehhh... but I realised that I really should be grateful that it's something I can change, work at it and improve. I guess my main thing is lack of confidence... no one likes doing things they're not good at, so I don't like speaking chinese, cuz I suck and know I'm going to make mistakes and people will laugh at me.

I guess I've always had that view that knowing english is more superior (interestingly coming from an ethnic chinese) I guess I've been very ignorant and have grown up in HK never learning to speak their language... the language of my people. mehh... talk about needing to humble oneself!!

soo... since I'm 'shy' talking to native speakers... I've decided to pray in Chinese! It was a bit of a revelation that our God is the God of all peoples, nations and tongues. And so He totally understands every single language. I cracked myself up sitting in my room talking away to God in my basic, child-like Chinese and when I didn't know a word, I'd say it in English, but with a Chinese accent so it would fit. hahaa... I'm sure He had a laugh too - at least it was with me, not at me!! I even read about the day of pentacost when the disciples were speaking in all languages and that others could understand them! IF ONLY IT COULD BE THAT EASY!

but I should perservere with this, if I'm really passionate about it, God will help me.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com