Friday, March 18, 2005

getting a lil excited

woOHooHhooo it's the sevens today/this weekend... I managed to get a ticket from Anna's dad at half the price, God's so good yeah! SO that's going to be very kewl, haven't been in ages

My mum is SOoo funny... she's been meeting all these random rugby teams around town and she goes up to them and says hi and asks them where they're from. She even got pictures with some of the NZ team (some really cute guys) and even invited a kiwi player (playing for Japan) back to our house for dinner! haha... cracks me up haha funny mummy

This morning I met the pastor of the church I've been going to (The Vine). He has a background in marketing and was a member of the Institute of Marketing in HK... so has some good contacts. It was just kewl talking to him, he's very laid back, easy going and chatting away. He was saying that we need people in the marketplace, to market the gospel, be God's PR and so on. Awesome. And he prayed for me at the end which was encouraging. He talked about HK being a strategic place, like a gateway for China and internationally. And so I know God has placed me here for a reason, so that's why I'm here

Funny, cuz I was thinking last night about stuff, as you do and realised more and more how God has been preparing and creating me specifically for His purpose - firstly I'm His child, a Christian; then I'm a female; thirdly, I'm ethnically Chinese; and I'm passionate about business. SOOO that makes me a Christian, Chinese businesswoman :) I'm working on each of those areas to make myself more effective for Christ... as a Christian-my relationship with God, fellowship with others, as a Chinese-my language, business-finding a job, a woman-shopping! hahaa

ohhaa... something I'm a little nervous/apprehensive about is tuesday nite... I'm going to a HK Association of Business & Professional Women function. Talk about networking! The lady I spoke to even suggested to get business cards done so I can hand out (they're currently being printed). I'm seeing it as an investment, of my time/money/self and in all investments there are risks... so I just need to go in, be confident, talk to as many people as I can and hand out my cards. Not so hard aye. Be strong and courageous ... It should be good, only thing now is what am I going to wear?! haha

Oh and I was a really good girl over the past week, so was going to go get that bag... but I came across some shoes instead and got them haha maybe next week

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com