Thursday, February 10, 2005

Purpose-driven life (for now)

I realise that God's placed me here for a reason, a season and a purpose... esp. being home with my parents! And I'm able to use my giftings and talents in various ways...

Music conducter: I chose what music to put on in the kitchen everyday
Performer: I dance and sing around the kitchen to whatever musics on
Story-teller: I re-tell stories of the old days in Dunedin with friends, flatties and life in general
News reporter: update them on what's happening on the street as I go by (mainly weather, traffic and crowds)
Kitchen hand: I tidy up the dishes after dinner (most days... don't take out the rubbish though)
Bread Maker: 4th attempt today... "my little balls of dough" (I actually sing that) getting better
Fashion consultant: I picked out new pyjamas for them the other day
Super model: I try on all my new clothes and show off my bargins after I've been shopping

... and I wonder what my parents did without me?! heehee

woohoo tomorrow I'm going hiking, yes you can go hiking in HK! It's a 7km trail, so it's pretty sweet. Although being a typical Hongkonger I don't have "appropriate" clothes, (I can't go hiking in heels and a handbag now - oops I've already done that! haa). So today's mission was spent looking for a cute new outfit, which I did get. Plus a new backpack!! Score

The kewlest thing I've realised (with a little help) is that I've been getting impatient and worried about the whole job situation, so much so that God gave me that interview. The reason it was terrible was because God was telling me "This job's not for you, I've got something else for you. Just be patient" okokok I get the point... I'm just waiting then - just keep waiting, just keep waiting, waiting, waiting, just keep waiting...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com