Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Not impressed

The interview...

First of all I didn't know if I was in the right place or not, there was a different name on the door. And no one would let me in, and I couldn't find the doorbell thing. Once in, I had to poke (seriously I did) my head around a corner, and then all these people look up from their desk at me, I'm like hi, I'm looking for so-and-so and they say he's around the corner. So head that way, still not knowing where I'm going, or who I'm suppose to look for. It's an open plan office, smallish and no one distinguishable. A lady follows me around and pokes her head into a room to let the guy know I'm here. He's in a meeting, so he says wait a while. 10mins later, he comes out and gets me in the room. No handshake, or hi nice to meet you. Didn't even introduce himself. very blaaze about everything. He doesn't have my cv, although he did briefly look at it. Asks me some questions, and takes some notes, doodles on the pad (I can actually see him doing this). Less than 15mins later I'm out the door, no handshake or anything and I had to open the door (you have to push a button to unlock it)!

Basically they identify your skill sets and see if they match the company and where you can fit in. For me, he said more marketing and dealing with international clients, which actually would be kewl. They work with Adidas, Body Shop, Beach Culture, Kodak and so on.

Don't think I want to work for a place like that. They are a small company, which is expanding, but doesn't have business systems or structures in place, and they don't seem to care. Shaking someones hand is a sign of respect and acknowlegdement and I just felt so stink after... I had to go get some chocolate!

Anyways... it's in God's hands now.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com