Tuesday, February 22, 2005

3'n'1 - oh my

So let's look behind door no. 2... second interview of the week:

A US bank, top 5 apparently. I'm arrive at 4:30pm and am left waiting for 30mins (haha, God's got a sense of humour) before the guy comes out. I had originally applied for a marketing assistant position within the bank, but the agency reckoned I didn't have enough experience and referred me to this one - the position is within the non-residential Indian dept. basically working under the relationship manager, doing the grunt work like following up meetings and deals, making sure documentation and paperwork is ready and filed etc, meeting deadlines, dealing clients over the phone, answering questions, liaisoning with London, KL and Singapore offices and so on. Fast-paced, stressful, heavy work load.

He pretty much offered me the job straight away, because they need someone urgently. So when I said I was waiting for an offer from le Meridien, he said that hotels don't pay well (he worked in one for 3 yrs), and did I really want the job etc. He also said that a degree doesn't count for anything, it's experience. I was outta there in 10mins...

mehh...

I feel really pressured to give him an answer now, so hopefully I'll hear back from the other job soon!!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com