Tuesday, February 22, 2005

30mins later...

My interview was scheduled for 4:30pm, I arrived at 5pm! ahh... fortunately I had called up to say I might be late, as I have to catch the courtesey shuttle from town to the hotel (it's in Pok Fu Lam, which is quite far away).

First impression? wow!! It's a really flash hotel, I don't know how many stars it is, but it's up there. I walk in and approach the counter, and there's this really cute guy behind the counter, and I think hmm I wouldn't mind working here! hah, the general manager comes down, and he's so kewl. He doesn't care that I'm late, very laid back sort, very presentable, smart looking, maybe mid-late 30s, married, Danish so he has a little accent - I love accents! So we head upstairs to one of the restaurants and get a drink and start chatting. He's great, he's like an uncle, or one of you parents' friend you can just chat with.

After a few minutes, he goes - so I've read your cv, we've chatting for 5mins, tell me about yourself, your personality. Man did you know how hard that is?? Where do you start? So I just start rambling away. He asked me if I was shy, which I thought was funny, but I guess a revelant question in the hospitality industry. And asked other questions like what are my plans, future goals etc.

Basically the hotel is fairly new, only opened last April and he's been there since Oct and it needs lots of work re. positioning, obtaining market share and planning and so on. He has a sales&marketing background and is restructuring the marketing dept. My position would be as a marketing exec working with himself, his PA and a marketing director. Small team, a lot of work and challenges, definately exciting. He mentioned that after a year and half I'll be prob up in management level and can move into different areas from there. So it's pretty flexible. The best is that it's a global company, so opportunities to relocate is high. and he was like, you're 23, still young so after 6months you might want to move on and try something else!! Not many companies would say that to you!

Sooooo... I'll be hearing about this later this week, either wed or thurs. So will be continuing to pray and seek God if this is what He wants me to do. God please make it really really obvious!

ohhh here's the site : http://www.hongkong.lemeridien.com/

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com