Thursday, January 06, 2005

Theatre 1, Wellington Hospital: 10:36pm Wednesday 6th January 1982

Congratulations – it’s a girl!

Fortunately for me, AJ (Auntie Jenny) named me, instead of my dad who had names like Polly (no offense to people with that name, it just isn’t me). So here I am, my 23rd birthday.

What I really would like to do is acknowledge the people who have been in some way an influence, an inspiration, an impact in my life – all twentythree years of it J I may just mention names. Although I know I could get into trouble for this, but please know everyone in some way or another has had an influence in my life, you’ve helped me be who I am today. And for that I thank you.

SO going back as far as I remember… here goes

NZ - Wellington
Anna Penhall, my best friend at Paparangi School when I was 5 years old, I still have the Kauri wooden box her dad made me when I left

HK
Clare House, first friend at Gun Club Hill. I was 7. We were the same height, same size shoes and even weighed the same!! Weird aye
Maddy Frasier & Tumshie Smillie same primary school, I remember the summers at the pool at their riding school, going to watch Last Action Hero at the movies!
Anna Sekula & Sheridan Brenchley King George V School, Y7 with Mr Trenaman.
Pilar Morais sevens, silvercord park, newyears, ziggy, prat
Pooja Sisters/Sister gang: Anna, Dove, Neena, Loz, Mel, Michele, Saz – our dances, y12 formal (pretty fly), music videos, going outoutout, boat parties, SSC, Jake Freddy… love you guys!
Em we did all the same subjects and were in the same class for most of them - Maths, English, RE, business studies (Adore I Dolci), food tech/textiles, Mandarin…
Vanessa Chinese lessons at my place, English class with Mrs Trenaman
Max & Jason painting my room and ultimately each other!
Gouty I remember asking him to be my friend in Chem & Bio class!! (he said “maybe”)
y12-13 Bio/Chem class: Bio camp, Mr. Sherrington, drinks before that final exam naughty us
Mari, Laku, Di, Nic & Park guys good music and dancing, always a laugh with them all
((echo)) enterprise: Laura, Anna, Lina, Bryan, Stu, Matt, J, Henry, Haytham... challenging times, our bake sale, photo competition, sponsorship, being on TV, concert, and finally the CD

NZ – Dunedin
Ingrid, Yasmin, Nic, Maria & other girls at St. Margs first group of Christians I met
Phil my first friend in Arana J the random train trip to welly was fun, coffee dates
Steph tasty cheesy buns, knows the muffin man, lammy partner, truly a gift from God
Dan roadtrips, walking in the rain to my sister’s place, has always challenged me in my faith, and continues to do so
Lisa & Selina – the crazy girls from the basement, the Hustle, togas
Mel doing her hair for the ball, missing each other at 6:30am prayer, shaving her hair
Jeremy driving up a bank, collection of cars, KFC, a legend, he still and will always inspire me!
Tania doing admin stuff for CE, also the times we sat and had some good talks
Becs & Brendan progressive dinner in Tans car, fellow wellingtonians
Queen St flat: Carolyn, Aimee & Steph, gardening, chocolate cake, random taxi calls
Jaime my sister, for sending me letters, gifts, pressies nearly every other week!!
Flying Ribenas: Steph, Phil, Brent, Lydia, Abbey, Penny, Brendan, Rach, Selina, David, Alice, Roslynn – loved the talks and discussions until midnight, the lollycake and smores in my room
Biyuth accountability partner, having lattes in our cafes, all of them!
Kirstie muso team for convergence, “I can smell you”
Chile team: Rochelle, Carmi, Dave – the first few days in Buenos Aires when we couldn’t speak any Spanish and ordered really gross pizza!! Haha
Jura St girls: Steph, Roz & Rach – knitting, shortland st, our Spanish answering machine
Roz good talks, sharing music, fri nites at the perc with Kev&Brad
Rach ‘studying’ in Rach’s room and our several muffin attempts!!
Groupies Shels, Jo & Andrea, catching up at cafes, doing work after
Shelley I love her cuz she’s just so real, and has amazing faith - yeah she's getting married to J
Lydia having a similar passion and calling by God, words of support, wisdom and encouragement
Abbey going through similar things, and having each other to encourage (still ongoing)
Penny getsmart morning teas, living at royal tce, a great mum to all, drives to CHC
Thida becoming a Christian, our ‘date’ after exams, Fiji baby
Kev his passion for music and worship, my big lil bro, his laugh and love of food
Brad M watching movies with Justin’s glow in the dark blankie, sitting in the boot of his car with Kirstie
Chris studying Chinese and our little homemade tests for each other, engagement to B
Shazza watching her do prints in her room, amazing creativity
Kelly catching up with our long talks, mini me
Chambers St: our themed dinners hehe jams, average cheese, flat names…
Carmi accountability partner, praying, never afraid to cry, and of course her stories
Brent our late nite talks, riding in the mini, his simplicity of life
Henry L sporadic calls from Oz which always made me think about stuff
Mostasa: Dan, Lydia, Carmi, Steph, Jen Lin, Andrea, Josh, Al, David, Sam in Lyd’s room, on a random hill or field, the girls, dancing to One way
Jen Lin Chinese classes and “studying” in her room, there’s more to her than you know
Jared B yummm slices, Otaki new years, driving lessons, someone who always says yes
Soo Sian sweetest, most gentle-natured person ever, great listener & talented artist
Yasmin having hot drinks in the SLC during our study breaks, her love for others
Scott profound comments, doing random stuff that makes you laugh
Ray flips on the beach, her courage, cute dresses & shoes that I can fit!!
Sarah her banquet, I never tried it, having tea and watching Home&Away


Again, this is not an exhaustive list… obviously my dad & mum, and sisters – Jaime & Sarah have had and continue to play an important part of my life. I seriously could keep going. And I will as I continue my journey I know there will be more people in my life who will influence me, challenge me, stretch me and inspire me… please friends of the future I need you!!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com