Monday, January 31, 2005

Old crooners

Just been listening to some good old oldies... my ultimate favourite is Unchained Melodies! "ohhh mmmyyy loovveee... my darling... " Just love it, I get all goosebumpy. I could play that again and again and not get sick of it. Even asked my parents if they used to go to the old school dance halls. hehe how fun would that be?!

Funny that only the girls picked up on the "date" thing. As I mentioned I use that term very very loosely. (I was asked on a date and went along thinking it was just hanging with a mate, but apparently everyone else knew it was a date, date expect me, until way later! good laugh though) So I met this guy that I was referred to by a school friend and asked him all these questions about where he works (Accenture) and other stuff. Dating with a purpose haha he was nice enough to forward my cv to the HR and even pay for my coffee. Coincidently some of his friends were at starbucks too! haha I would have so done that too - get my friends to go along if I was meeting someone for the first time. I guess it is kinda weird. hehe he was really nice and encouraging, and saying that I should enjoy the time I have now, because I won't have much later. It's a truth I will probably only realise later.

Had two other meetings today. One with a recruitment agency which went quite well. She was positive and has a client in mind so hopefully will hear back soon! It sounds exciting, so will need to be praying about that one. And in the arvo met a lady at the football company. There's no jobs here at the mo. but one in Singapore... so I need to think/pray about that one too.

And talked to Jen, Brent & Lydia tonite which was really nice. Lyds was saying the same thing, that I should be using this time to prepare myself, spiritually for what's ahead. So true

The sucky thing of today was that I wore these heeled pointy shoes and now I have big fat blisters... boooo the price we pay aye

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com