Thursday, January 27, 2005

I can't believe it's actually Thursday

mate, time goes by... I've already been here just over a week! And I'm really missing coffee and ice-cream... and yes of course everybody else

Job Hunting
It reminds me of how Pooh and Piglet go hunting for heffalumps. Their hunt always ends up going around in circles because they're following their own footprints. The best part is when they sit and have lunch cuz they're always hungry!! hah at this rate I really can't afford to keep eating, esp chocolate. I haven't even done any running since sept! crazy

Anyways... so what's the haps?

After rescheduling a few times, I have an interview with a recruitment agency on Monday 9:30am! Yes, it's that early, good thing I'm a morning person, otherwise that would suck. The kewl thing is the lady is from NZ too, so that's a nice wee connection. They were impressed with my cv so that's a good sign.

On Sunday, I'm meeting up with a friend of a friend who works at Accenture. My cv has been passed on the the HR and I'm just meeting with this guy to ask questions about the company, their culture, the industry and so on. So it'll be kewl, pretty informal. The worse thing though is that we're meeting in Starbucks! grr... I wonder if I could direct him towards Pacific Coffee? Anything but Starbucks! The funny thing is that he sounds just like Eric! So I had to try not to laugh when I talked to him on the phone... hehee

I'm slowly getting a life here... finally called up some friends that are working here so will catch up with them tomorrow. And a few others next week...

I've accepted the fact that I'm here and it's for awhile. No man is an island, so gotta get out there and make some friends.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com