Monday, January 24, 2005

HK life (so far)

Ok so I've been back a total of four days and I've already let the NZ-naivety get the better of me!

First day, I went out to get a new phonecard. My dad had told me which provider to go to, I forgot and ended up going with the first one I saw - HK$50 for 300mins, score! After signing up, I turned the corner to find another provider which had a much better deal HK$55.50 for 500mins. Feeling rather stink, I continued walking and saw yet another one with an even better deal!! gutted... so for the whole day I'm feeling rather ripped off, and knowing that it was my own fault made it worse.

It's funny how quickly you can get back into the way of life here - the fast paced, work oriented, materialistic view of life. I've found myself speeding down the road, overtaking every people I can, slipping through any gap possible, getting frustrated at "slow" people, trying to find the quickest way to get where I want to be with no distractions or interruptions. It reminds me of that advert with the kid saying that he types fast, reads fast, eats fast, blinks and sleeps fast! It feels like I'm living that already and it's only been four days!!

While doing the touristy stuff with Jared, I'm constantly thinking about what I need to be doing about finding a job, settling in a church, finding friends and so on. Already, I have found out that the guy I was suppose to have an interview with is no longer with that company and also I've had miscommunications with another recruiter. okokok I know I'm being rather dramatic - it's been four days and I have been followed up by another person in that company and I'll get in touch with the recruiter next week.

Another good thing is that I went along to this church I have been going to when I'm back for holidays. And in the lift I met some people I went to school with. I couldn't remember their names, but the pressure decreased when they couldn't remember mine either. In addition, the service was much like Dunedin Elim and the speaker was an Aussie from Hillsong, so that made it feel like home :) not the aussie, I mean the similar style of speaking!! SO that's good. God is faithful! I know I just need to keep trusting Him with everything, job, friends and all that stuff. He's sussed it out, so I really should stop worrying about it!!

And to top it off, Jared's leaving tomorrow which is an incredibily sad thing... so I'm definately going to need some extra TLC. I think I'll go for a facial and massage to help me de-stress. That and another box of chocolate hehe

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com