Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The effects of unproductivity

ohmygoodness I need to do something! NOW

Seriously my day consists of waking up, having a shower, having my quiet time, do some reading, have a coffee and brekkie, watch some old reruns on TV and other stuff like the Young and the Restless (I know!) and 7th Heaven with my pohpoh (grandma), eat lunch, maybe walk down to J'ville mall (those who have been there knows how riveting it is), watch the afternoon movie, check my emails, read some more, back to the TV with my pohpoh for Everybody loves Raymond, and the other shows before the news. Eat dinner while watching more shows, wash dishes, watch TV some more (Amazing Race, Survivor, Fear Factor, Extreme makeover house...) and have dessert... until I finally retire to my room.

I can't stand it anymore!! I have watched more tv in the past 2 weeks than I have in the entire year. haha I know that's not too hard to achieve since we didn't put our tv up. But still!! And I feel bad if I just go into the other room and not spend "quality time" with my pohpoh. Boo... well at least tomorrow is not a public holiday, so I can sort some stuff out like my student loans and things.

I can't wait to leave here... but the thing is I'm going into another week of doing nothing and then back to HK where I will be doing nothing until I find a job! But I guess I'll have a job - being a job hunter. That's something that's been on my mind a lot lately! What am I going to do? And the process of finding a job is soooo burdensome. Honestly, you have to sort your cv, find companies that are recruiting, revise your cv, write a coverletter, send them and then, sit and wait till you hear back from them. That's the hardest part, waiting - frequently checking emails, or making sure your phone is on and nearby so you don't miss a call. Ahhh... but the one thing I'm more scared of is... REJECTION!! yes, that terrible word that we all have to face in one way or another. Grr... and the whole job hunting thing sets you up for it. I hate (ok hate is a very strong word, greatly dislike) being in positions where I may be rejected. It sucks...

sigh... I know God is using this time to teach me to get over that fear. Accept it, learn from it and move on. I guess I need to be humbling myself as well... I greatly dislike doing things that I'm not good at, (I know who does?!) - there is a chance I could fail. And, I know God will help me out in every and any situation and so I don't need to worry about it. The outcome whatever it is, is because God wanted it to be like that and I need to learn from it, in both failures and successes.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com