Monday, December 13, 2004

Hello, I am a graduate. How are you?

It's finally come and gone. The long awaited day when we get to dress up in frumpish (is that even a word?) clothes, that ridiculous trencher and get to sit through a ceremony listening to monotonous voices calling out lists of names of people you don't know and probably never will, has past. Graduation.

Although it was a rather fun day! God was so good to us by stopping the rain while we took photos and paraded down George St. That was the best part - walking down the street. Especially seeing people waving and familiar faces smiling at everyone. No, no they were looking at me!!

One thing I definately enjoyed this weekend was having my parents meet all my amazing friends and gaining a little insight as to my life down here. Particularly to honour the ones who have had such an influence in my life, which pretty much is all of you. I know they have enjoyed it too and realise what a huge part of my life these past four years in Dunedin has been.

mehhh... I'm leaving. An era has past.

Saying goodbye to Abbey yesterday was hard. I knew I had to be the stronger one and not be all emotional at the airport and not drag the "goodbye" out. She knew that too. We had talked about it heaps on our travels. We've spent the last 3 weeks together, I think only having 3 nights apart. As soon as I got to the car I couldn't hold back. I knew I was going to cry and so what better time to! Funny how rainy days makes it easier to cry - blurring the trees and cars outside as we drove by. Dunedin's been good for that in the past few days. And you know how people talk about their hearts hurting? I do. Mine hurt. Brendan was good just to let me cry and not say anything. Thank goodness for the "I love NZ summer tour 2004" CD we had in the car!! There could have been a lot of awkward silences, broken only by my snotty sniffling. ha

I had to quickly clean myself up and be presentable to go out for dinner that night. And I was totally fine, until I received a text from Sam, asking how I was doing. The tears welled up again, but I had to quickly regain composure, I wasn't going to start crying at the dinner table. oh no you can't do that.

The night went well regardless. And ended on a very good note by us watching the extended version of Return of the King! It was soo good. Although now I'm rather sleep deprived - I am going to go have my last Fix today.

We're off to Christchurch tomorrow and then Wellington and eventually Hong Kong. I know God's got my future in His hands. He has sorted it out, every little bit. So I will just have to trust Him.

Keep the faith




|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com